Come stay at the North Cascades Basecamp for tranquility and a unique outdoor-centered experience. Accommodating up to 24 people, we ensure highly personalized attention for all of our guests. Guests stay in the lodge on the first or second floors, or in the adjacent Octagonal cabin(comfortable bedding and towels provided in both). There are six rooms in the lodge, which accomidate two to four people in each. The Octagonal cabin sleeps six - eight.
The North Cascades Basecamp offers many opportunities for guests to learn skills during a naturalist program, rest & relax on a family vacation, or recreate in the North Cascades mountains. Come and enjoy the sitting on the sundeck, stroll in our herb and flower gardens, hike or ski/snowshoe the trails within our 20 acres of cedar forest and beaver ponds, and meander along the rocky banks of the Methow River. There are many quiet places for reflection and meditation, as well as an outdoor hot tub and wood-fired sauna (coming in winter 2010-11). The Basecamp also provides bikes for guests to borrow for a leisurely cruise along Lost River Road.
Your stay at the Basecamp includes meals served with farm-fresh eggs and sustainably grown fruit, veggies and grains from our local farmers and garden whenever possible. These hearty and healthy meals are served during winter season months, and a breakfast buffet is provided year-round.
Other Amenities Include:
- 21 acres of protected cedar forests and beaver ponds to the banks of the Methow River.
- Audubon certified year-round birding loop trails (site No.40)
- Trailhead to over 200 km of groomed winter ski trails
- Basecamp Warming Hut on the Methow Valley ski trail
- Local artwork for sale
- Summer trail access to MVSTA trail system and USFS land
- Quiet lounging area with wood stove and library
- 24 hour drink bar and fridge
- Kids play structure, swimming and frog ponds
- Campfire pit and benches
- Lodge sunrooms
- Outdoor hot tub
- WiFi Internet access